When you are struggling, you need strong and reliable advice provided in a caring and compassionate manner. Dr. Davenport has over 20 years experience providing this type of assistance.
His evaluation for young adults is designed to identify or rule-out ADD/ADHD, anxiety, and mood disorders is typically completed in two sessions.
First Session: 2 hours
Before the first session, you are asked to complete the Young Adult/College Student Questionnaire and either e-mail, fax, or bring it to our office so Dr. Davenport can review this information prior to your first appointment.
During this 2 hour session, Dr. Davenport completes a clinical interview with you and your family. This highly structured interview is designed to consider the nature, history, duration, and impact of your symptoms at home, at work, and in social settings.
- Review of your medical and family history.
- Review of your developmental, academic, social, and occupational history.
- Consideration all possible diagnoses including ADD/ADHD, adjustment, anxiety and mood disorders.
- Consideration of possible co-existing disorders.
After the first session, you are provided rating forms to be completed by significant others in order to measure adaptive functioning, social, emotional, and behavioral concerns at home and in social situations, in order to obtain more information if deemed necessary.
Second Session: 1 hour
- Rating forms (if requested) are scored and discussed.
- Your history of symptoms and any resulting diagnoses are discussed.
- You and your family are educated about your diagnosis.
- We will discuss a management plan to address your specific needs.
- Printed materials about your diagnoses are provided.
After the evaluation, Dr. Davenport prepares a brief summary and recommendations addressing your strengths and needs. This written report is mailed (or e-mailed) to you within 3 weeks after your second appointment.
Ready to Get Started?
(c) 2010-2015, Monte W. Davenport, Ph.D.