Parenting Success! is designed for families whose children are struggling with:
- Trouble starting actions requested by a parent within a reasonable amount of time.
- Problems sustaining attention to a command until the task has been completed.
- Difficulty consistently following previously taught rules of conduct.
The primary objectives of Parenting Success! include:
- Increasing parental knowledge and understanding of the causes of compliant and non-compliant behavior.
- Improving parents’ skills in dealing with child behavior problems.
- Improving child compliance with parent directives and rules.
Parenting Success! is not a “parenting class” or curriculum. It is cognitive-behavioral therapy designed to meet the unique needs of each child/teen and family.
- During each session, parents learn a specific behavior management skill.
- Between sessions, parents practice that skill.
- At the beginning of each session, successes and challenges are discussed and problems are solved to meet unique, individual needs of families and children.
Over 30 years of research shows that this set of parenting skills presented in this manner works for all types of families. This approach is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics in their articles about behavior therapy techniques that work, research based parent training , and the specifics of parent training.
Parenting Success!(c) 2010, Monte W. Davenport, Ph.D.